Art Marks: 30 Day Challenge 2 Look Through

Time for round two! Rae Missigman set another Art Marks 30 Day challenge through April and I thought I’d have another go. The last one was a lot of fun, so I thought I’d do it again. I’m not a regular journal-er (yet?) so I find that if I don’t have a reason to do it, it doesn’t happen, even though I love how calming and creatively freeing it can be.


I really wanted to find my voice with this journal. Last time I had a lot of fun experimenting, but for this second challenge, I wanted to make sure it felt like my work and incorporated more of my style. That meant using paint more and creating marks with the paint.

I have been doing #the100dayproject (#100daysofworkingonmyart if you are interested in seeing how I’m doing – spoiler: I’m behind!) and that has helped inspire and inform that journaling I’ve been doing. Also, the workshop I did last week also gave me ideas which I’ve incorporated into this, such as using more collage for backgrounds etc.

This time I didn’t take the prompts quite as literally, or at least I tried to create pages that reflected the prompt, rather than relying on adding marks to satisfy it once I was done. I think (hope!) this makes the pages a little more cohesive.


Clustered

Repeating

 Layered

Stacked

Round

Black & White

Arrow Like

Filled

X'D

Horizontal

 Just One

Erased

Sketched

Vertical

Transparent

Half

Pinpoint

Striped

Encircled

 Covered

Parallel

Spiral

Numerous

 Squared

Odd

Even

Connected

Dotted

Inside

Numbered

I definitely feel happier with this one than my previous attempt. There are still a few pages in this journal that I don’t like as much, but that’s because I wasn’t as inspired by the prompt or I was more rushed on the day. There are other pages, though, that I like as they are, or have elements I want to try out more of. I feel like I’m slowly finding my own style and voice with journaling. I can see the difference (and I’d be interested in knowing if you can see the difference) between my previous two art journals, here and here, and my first Art Marks journal, and this one.

Comments

Popular Posts